Friday, March 28, 2008

P2P Limewire/Frostwire vs Transmission on Mac OSX Leopard.

Well I updated to Leopard some months ago, and ever since then Frostwire which I was currently using died (Something to do with the 'Mac Firewall' methinks).
After an exhautive search of the WWW the answer was 'not out there' so did what some posts suggested and installed 'Limewire' , this worked for a while but still showed that I was behind a 'Firewall' (even though I had set security to allow Limewire access to ports).

Limewire over the last week or so has slowly died...great connection on start up then ..pooh.
This morning I researched the web and no more info available. so had to get my thinking cap on.

So reverted to 'Transmission' and as of this morning it is working ok  (fingers crossed and wood touched - and somewhere in my local area there is a 3 legged rabbit).

So the answer to all those people who are trying to use P2P apps on Mac OSX 10.5 'Leopard' is to use 'Transmission' instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment