Monday, April 14, 2008

Belle Epoque 'Black is Black' disco Nostalgia !

ahh, nostalgia is a wonderful thing, the things you remember as being great or good are revisited and you find em slightly - shall we say 'worn round the edges'?

Never been a great disco fan , but hey I was a young kid when saturday night fever /Grease et'al was out , so the sight of three (at that time) attractive ladies gyrating was bound to catch my eye...... looking back mind you at the video ..can't think why i wasn't whipped down the opticians straight away!

anyway for your delectation and delight I present to you a blast from the disco past ..... still a top song ...even though the 'ladies' may not be as 'sultry' as I remember....ah well that's nostalgia for you!




Song lyrics | Black Is Black lyrics


As an aside to this snippet of Disco History , I discovered on my wanderings that this song was 'Originally' released in 1966 by 'Los Bravos' a spanish group, so here for you also is the original version - sung in the style of Gene Pitney I believe.


From LYRICSMODE.COM lyrics archive
Song lyrics | Black Is Black lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment