Saturday, May 03, 2008

Using your Iphone as an Itunes Remote control (a'la Salling Clicker)


If like me you stream your music round the house with Airport express, it's rather annoying that you can only set up the computer to play a playlist, then settle down in say your front room , and realise you want to play a completely different 'mood' of track, In the past I used 'Salling Clicker' on my Ericsson Mobile to do the task via bluetooth.

Well strangely enough on the Iphone this software is not compatible so hence the link to Signal, The program uses filesharing on your host (Main) computer to do the task and hence your Wi-fi network , a bit of fiddling with your system settings (no Terminal commands here!) and voila ..your away ...well allegedly! - can't confirm because I've not tested it yet lol.

Another program that uses the same way of accessing your Itunes library (and playing back over the computer or Airport Express speakers) is 'Remote Buddy' this is slightly more involved with your mac as it allows you to control presentations as well but maybe a bit more than need as to be honest.
I would just want to control my Itunes library remotely.

No comments:

Post a Comment