Friday, July 11, 2008

Iphone 3G....


Well I've seen one in the flesh (today) in the O2 shop.
I think it is a nicer phone overall to look at compared to the Iphone V1, the plastic back does not feel tacky at all very similar feel to the Macbook plastic in-fact.
It's supposed to be 'bigger' but it does not feel or look like that in the hand.


The thing that is most appealing (as a V1 user) is the 'Apps store' but to do this you need to update to the V2.0 SDK, which is not an option for me at the moment due to mine being 'non official' shall we say. So a bit of a wait there methinks.


The 16GB version which is the only one at this moment available in white ...gotta be 'Apple' white ..... black is just so not cool or Apple.


There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best Mobile phone on the market, you can talk specifications of camera's/ MMS (like how often do you use it ..really!!) / blah blah blah ....but Apple have put the all the bit's together and made a smartphone that the end user can pick up and use without having to read the manual- the one that comes with the Iphone V1 is 8 pages long and most of that is pictures.


For anybody with a mac it is the defacto choice in fact only choice .....everything else is 'just a mobile phone'


If you have a Pc (Spit) I think it works just as well but can't really comment as I'd never have one even if it was free..well I would but I'd sell it and put the money towards buying a new mac lol



Oh and to finish on a note:
What I suspected has come true. Inline with Apples 'Let's improve something but while we are doing that lets take something away' ...There's no Dock in the box This will cost you £19.00 as a separate item.

No comments:

Post a Comment