Friday, July 04, 2008

NIN Remix 'Lights in the Sky' from the Album 'The Slip'


Well this is the 7th mix I've done of NIN tracks, and now I've started to stay within the logic environment. Having moved on from the 'limitations' of Garageband - though cool loops for GB !!

This mix is notable for the fact I cut up the lyrics and took out all ref to the Title of the track , and rewrote the vocals for a different emotional feel.

Also three tracks from the album 'The Slip' were used in the mix (999,999/Corona Radiata and of course Lights in the sky.

The enjoyable thing about this mix was (as Opposed to 'Head Down (White Noise)') It actually took less than three days for the mix to come together, I'm sure I could have chopped up a bit more -and i may revisit that in the future- but the track just organically grew in my head and on the computer and the 'mix' was the tweaking that took the time on the last day.

Anyway hope you like it ...let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment